Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Relay for Life

" Relay is all about 'Celebrate, Remember, Fight Back' and we had input from a survivor (Celebrating survivorship), the story of our luminaria ceremony (Remember) and a lively input from one of our teams (Fight Back!). "

source : www.relayforlife.org.my

i first heard about this event last year thru my cousin Syu [its an all night long event till morning - celebrating the cancer survivors! - with tents, foods, good spirit and great company] , and eversince then I was looking forward to go to this year's event..but one can only plan...my In Laws were in town that weekend for a kenduri so I had to be the hostess since they were staying over at our house...plus it was raining heavily and as what I heard from family members who were there, the place was soggy and very muddy...so it wasnt really suitable to bring lil Aqil there...[mom had already bought tickets - but nvm at least i got the tshirt!! ;)] hmm...I guess there's always next year right.. ;)

the good side of not going is that I got to take my MIL n SIL shopping at Ikea! any sentence with the word shopping in it is ok for me!

anyways..here's some pictures of the event that I stole from my cousins, aye n atie ' s blogs...enjoy!



atie n wa - one of the survivors [pinjam kata2 atie ;) ]



the Omarians spirit!



thats my dad infront in the apek's boots and pom pom!



sisters - cu, wa, cippa, mom and tzah







part of the clan



we've got spirit..yes we do...we've got spirit...how about you?!?!


exciting no!? cant wait for next year's event!!! ;) ;) siapa mahu ikut!?!?!




xoxo

No comments: