today I made this.
[sorry because the pictures are blur..took using my phone camera..kenot find where mr hubs put the memory card...just hope you guys understand my writings... ;p]
so firstly, here's the patern i did for my blanket. you can always mix n match and change according to ur preference.
what you will need
for the middle part: 6" x 6" cotton = 35 pieces (mix colours according to your patern)
borders: 34" x 5 " cotton = 2 pieces
44" x 5" cotton = 2 pieces (colour according to patern)
back: 44" x 34" = 1 piece
Sewing machine (you could hand sew, but will take longer time to finish lorr)
pins (to secure you pieces when you sew)
** the printed cotton = rm29/3 meters from ikea (enuf for blanket, bedsheet, pillow n bloster case)
red and yellow plain cotton = rm3/meter from Kamdar
red plain flannel = rm4.50/meter from Kamdar
2. sew the 6"x6" together according to your patern using 1/2" seam allowance.
closer image after all the 6"x6" are sewn together.
3. sew the border to the finish body. again using 1/2" seam allowance.
4. fold and make a triangle at every edge. secure with pin.
5. cut excess after securing the edges.
6. place the finish front piece with the back piece together. right side together.
7. secure with pins.
8. sew the 2 pieces together. again with 1/2" seam allowance.
sew all 4 edges. make sure leave 4" opening to turn the blanket inside out.
9. turn the blanket inside out and sew the opening by hand.
10. top stitch the angle and around the border.
something like this.
and voila!!! your blanket is done!!!! ready for your little precious to use. but do remember to wash first yee!! ;)
very the simple right?